Feb 20 2007
Jan 9 2007
- Faculty, Staff, and Students may now login with their
My VIP ID and password.
Nov 1 2006
- Students may pay their Housing Application directly
with their CarolinaCard.
Aug 10 2006
- Strong passwords are now required when setting
Apr 19 2006
- Virus protection software is available for download
through VIP under the Technology menu.
October 10 2005
- Students may now reserve their textbooks University
Bookstore under the Academics menu.
May 5 2005
- Several new account tools are available for administrators.
Dec 23 2004
- Students may now apply for a room change under the UCHOOSE options.
Nov 15 2004
- Lost Carolina Cards may now be reported on VIP.
Sept 8 2004
- A new version of the Housing application is available.
Sept 3 2004
- Carolina Card transactions are now available for University employees.
Sept 3 2004
- University employees can now update their campus
address and phone number under their Job
Profile in the Employment menu.
Sept 3 2004
- University employees can now update their educational
profile under the Education Profile in the
Jul 7 2004
- University employees can now update home phone
number and emergency contact information under
their Personal Profile int the Personal Menu.
Jan 29 2004
- Students can check their Foreign Language, English,
and Math scores under the Academics menu.
Oct 13 2003
- University employees and students may now access Gartner.com through VIP.
Sept 8 2003
- Students may now make deposits on their CarolinaCard
under the Financial menu.
- Students may now access the National Student
Clearinghouse under the Academics menu.
This will allow you to print, free of charge,
official enrollment certificates for health
insurance or other companies that request
proof of enrollment.
Jul 18 2003
Jul 1 2003
- New VIP interface is introduced to conform to the
Feb 14 2003
- Faculty and Staff may now enroll, update, or cancel
their direct deposit under the Employment menu.
Feb 3 2003
- Freshman enrollment deposit is now available under
the Financial menu.
Dec 17 2002
- Online schedule and bill is available in PDF format
under the Financial menu.
Jul 13 2002
- Graduation/Degree application information is
available under the Academics menu.
Apr 25 2002
- UCHOOSE roommate resource is available under the
Apr 25 2002
- Registration eligibility is available under the
Nov 13 2002
- Orientation date request form is available under
the Personal menu.
Jun 26 2002
- Faculty and Staff may now update their W4 deductions
under the Employment menu.
Sep 12 2001
- Faculty grade input is now available under the
Academics menu for most campuses. A short
demonstration is available.
Feb 12 2001
- Students may now request and official USC transcript. The request
can be found under the Academics menu.
Dec 17 2000
- Faculty and staff may now apply for a parking permit on the
Columbia campus. The application can be found under the Personal menu.
Nov 17 2000
- Students may now check PO Box assignments under the
Jul 11 2000
- New students may now apply for on-campus housing on the Columbia
campus. The application can be found under the Personal menu.
Mar 7 2000
- You may now apply for a parking permit on the Columbia campus.
The application can be found under the Personal menu.
Feb 21 2000
- A new option for the 9+ On-Campus Long Distance Service
can be found under the Technology menu.
As a new 9+ customer, you may apply for an account; as an
existing 9+ customer, you may view your account status and
Feb 14 2000
- The ballot for the run-off in the Student Government Elections
is now available for viewing by visiting the Personal menu.
Voting will take place via VIP on February 23-24.
Feb 9 2000
- The interface for the schedule option has been redesigned
to be more compact and informative, as well as to better highlight
any public or private URLs associated with a particular section.
Jan 7 2000
- The ballot for Student Government Elections is now available
for viewing by visiting the Personal menu.
Voting will take place via VIP on February 16-17.
Dec 20 1999
- Instructors can now register URLs (web site addresses) for the
courses that they teach. A public URL will appear in such
publicly-accessible documents as the online master schedule of classes.
A private URL will only appear on the schedule of a student
that is enrolled in the course. If you are an instructor, you may
visit the Course Information option under the Academics menu to edit
the URLs for your courses.
- If you are a student, your class schedule will
have links in the "Details" section to any URLs that your professors
have registered. Please encourage your professors to submit their
URLs through VIP if they have online course information.
Oct 29 1999
- A demo of many of the student services of VIP is now
Oct 18 1999
- On November 1-2, Columbia campus students
may participate in a mock election to
test our new online voting system by visiting the Personal menu.
We are planning to use this
system for the Student Government Election in February 2000.
- When adding a course to your schedule, you may now choose
to search for an open section by entering the course
dept/number rather than a schedule code.
Aug 20 1999
- If you have multiple network usernames defined, you
may pick your preferred username under the Technology menu.
- Preregistration appointment times for Spring 2000 are
now available under the Personal menu.
Aug 4 1999
- You can view or buy your textbooks through
a new online merchant. See the Academics menu for more
Aug 2 1999
- You may now use a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card to pay
your fees online.
Jul 19 1999
- A voice mail application for students living on the Columbia
campus is available under the Technology menu.
Jul 16 1999
- You may view your network username from the Technology menu.
Jun 1 1999
- You may sign up for a student membership in the Carolina Alumni
Association by visiting the Optional Fees option under the Financial
May 21 1999
- If you live on the Columbia campus, you may request a network
connection through the Data Jack Request option found under the
Apr 25 1999
- A new tab and menu called Technology has been added to VIP.